Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Believe it or Not .. the studies

As I reflected on the fact that NMAP found an extremely small number of math studies to be of value, a friend sent me the following link:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/17/health/17depress.html

It looks like we all need to be looking at the raw data as salesmanship often trumps truth.

Believe it or not .... the data shows NOT about 96% of the time I suppose .. well maybe but let me check once again ... tell me the audience I am addressing and I may reconsider.

-----
Oh those uncontrolled variables .... like how much will I get for the next study.

Studies show exactly what needs to be shown to get the next grant or contract in a vast majority of cases..... this statement is unable to be verified by actual testing.

No comments: